Sunday, November 4, 2007

Reflection on Group Work

Fortunately, I did not feel like we had any major miscommunication in our group that caused a problem with progress. Our utilization of email significantly helped communication to remain constant and up-to-date. We kept each other updated with progressions throughout the project, and we were able to plan additional details of meeting agendas without having to verbally communicate. The biggest problem that we had was with people following through after communicating. Multiple times the group unanimously decided on a meeting time in the library and one of our members did not follow through and come to the meetings. This issue, however, was not due to lack of communication.

I usually strongly dislike group projects. I am a very independent person and a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to my schoolwork. I do not like depending on other people in academics. Although I felt that this proposal project was a good situation in which to have a group, I still am not partial to the idea.

I was extremely pleased with how our project turned out and felt that the majority of my group contributed to our success. My group did a wonderful job of keeping ahead of our individual work and holding regular meetings and ended up finishing ahead of schedule. For Phase 2, the only improvement that would make our group more successful would be to have all group members attend preplanned meetings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home