Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Introduction

Hi! My name is Stacy Metzger, and I am a junior from Boulder, Colorado. Boulder is one of my favorite places in the world. The city sits in a valley below the foothills of the Rocky Mountains under an incredible range called the Flatirons. I grew up without knowing much about crime, laziness, or fast food! As a result, I am extremely active, health-conscious, and outdoor oriented! During the summer I love to boat, jog, hike, wakeboard, and bike. In the winter, my family and I snowmobile and ski. I have been skiing back-country with my brother and dad since I was ten years old. I also love to travel. Having travelled internationally quite extensively, I thought that I was fairly well-rounded and cultured. I had no idea that moving to the South would be the biggest culture shock of my life! I had never been around poverty or racism for any prolonged period of time, and it was extremely difficult for me to get used to the fact that those two things exist here to such an extent. At first I did not like living in South Carolina at all, but after I made more of an effort to understand the culture instead of judging it, I began to see the South in a more positive light. Now I love it here and could not be happier!

1 Comments:

At September 5, 2007 at 8:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Getting used to a new culture is tough, but I commend you for sticking with it and letting it happen naturally.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home