Sunday, September 23, 2007

Interviewing Technique Response

Questions: After reading one of the articles. . .Did anything that you read surprise you? Was there anything that you had not previously considered important for an interviewee to know? Did you learn anything useful that you will be able to apply to future interviews? Was there any advice with which you did not agree? If so, why did you disagree?

After reading "How to Answer Any Interview Question," I found that although most of the article contained information that I had heard before, there were some points that I had not necessarily thought about as much. It surprised me to read that some interviewers ask about your weaknesses or past mistakes. I have not been asked this question in a job interview thus far, and I think that it is something that I will definitely think more about in the future. Focusing on what I have learned from past mistakes or aspects of weakness may actually help in an interview if the focus is on the positivity and not the negativity.

There were a few useful tips that were also new to me. I found Jeff Braun's Q=A+1 method to be extremely interesting, and I think I will definitely use it in the future. The method basically illustrates that when one is asked a question in an interview, the best way to answer consists of three parts. The first is the answer, the second is the bridge needed to portray a certain message, and the third is the message itself. This is an extremely useful technique because when asked any type of question, it is possible to gear the answer toward something that will make you as the interviewee look appealling to the company.

I knew that anecdotes were important, but I did not think to have multiple examples for general questions that are likely to be asked. Usually when I go in for an interview, I have one or two stories ready about a difficult challenge that I have had to face in the workplace or a circumstance that displays a strength, but now I will think of at least three or four to use as examples.

Overall, I agreed with everything in the article and will use some of the information that I learned in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home