Sunday, October 7, 2007

Free Blog: Family




This week I would like to share a little bit of information about my family. My parents, little brother, and two dogs all live at home in Boulder.

My parents are absolutely fabulous, and I am so blessed to have them in my life. My mom is energetic, positive, bubbly, personable, and extremely social. She grew up in Texas and has travelled all over the world because my grandfather was part of an oil company with a large number of internationally based offices. I can tell my mom everything and would be completely lost without her advice. My dad is the most responsible, ethical person I know. He is obsessed with being active outdoors and would die before setting foot in a gym because he does not believe in indoor excercise. Being retired, he is fortunate to be able to take up random new hobbies like roadbiking and kayaking. He built our log house in the mountains ten years ago and now spends a lot of his time up there hiking, fishing, jogging, kayaking, and water skiing. I can always count on him for guidance and support.

My seventeen year old "little" brother is honestly one of my best friends. He is over six feet and is an avid lacrosse player. We have always gotten along, and as we both grow older, we become closer and closer. I am so proud of the honest, loyal person that he has turned into. We have always been able to have a wonderful time together. When we were young, we travelled internationally with our family a number of times, and were forced to have fun with one another and make boring situations fun. Since then, we have never been in a situation that we could not make entertaining or comical.

My two dogs are definitely part of my family. Cassie is a eleven-year-old lab mix, and Chase is a two-year-old Malamute. Cassie is mellow, sweet, and lovey, but she can sometimes be overprotective. Chase, on the other hand, is crazy. We could write a book about the funny things that dog has done in the time he has been with us. He has eaten ten raccoons, two baby skunks, three pigeons, five chipmunks, and who know what else. Malamutes do not bark, but when they are angry, happy, sad, protesting, or needy, they howl. Chase's mission in life, unfotunately, is to torture poor Cassie.

1 Comments:

At October 12, 2007 at 9:21 AM , Blogger Rochelle said...

I really enjoyed your PowerPoint presentation. Your hometown seems like a place with lots of fun things to do and it made me want to visit!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home