Friday, October 19, 2007

Mock Interview Reflection

Interviews are a key element in making a strong and lasting impression on potential employers. The resume and cover letter are also important, but it is the interview that allows employers to analyze one’s personality and potential to excel in a certain area. The mock interview, therefore, has been the most important assignment that we have completed thus far in Business Writing.

I think that the most important thing that I learned in the interview was to be organized and early. I was a bit late getting my things together the morning of my interview and therefore felt a bit flustered when I got to Strode. Luckily, I was early and was able to gather my thoughts before my turn.

Having been interviewed numerous times before, I felt at ease and was able to stay calm and collected, for the most part. I am outgoing, so it is not difficult for me to talk to the interviewer, but I think that I could improve on the fluency of my answers. I also need to work on preparing certain questions for the employer so that I seem interested and ready to be a part of the company.

Overall, I had a great experience with the mock interview. One can never have too much practice in interviewing because employers can ask a number of different questions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home